Improving your lawns
Check your lawn regularly for problems and keep it well trimmed over the spring and summer. Keep your lawn healthy, lush and green.
- After mowing trim overhanging edges with edging shears.
- Re-define edges each spring with a half-moon edging tool.
- Repair damaged edges by removing a rectangle of turf with a spade and replacing with the damaged edge facing the lawn.
- Make lawns stronger by regular feeding.
- Fill lawn hollows by making an H-shape cut with a spade and lifting back two flaps. Fill depression with topsoil.
- Keep on top of weeds by removing them with a daisy grubber tool.
- Mow regularly to keep grass healthy.
- Lay stepping-stones to prevent paths becoming worn across your your lawn.