Tips On Making Fresh Flowers Lst
If you’re going with freshly cut flowers, here are six tips to make them last:
1. Certain varieties of cut flowers last longer than others. Ask your florist about proper care.
2. Change the water every two-to-three days.
3. Cut the stems on an angle under water with a sharp knife or pair of scissors each time you change the water.
4. Keep them in a cool spot. Avoid direct sunlight, heat (including ambient heat from appliances) or heavy drafts.
5. Use the preservative that comes with the flowers.
6. Remove leaves that will be below the waterline to diminish bacterial growth that can harm the flowers.