Green Fingers I Wish

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yellow Courgette - Delicious

With a little help from a friend on the best way to cook my yellow courgette I have to say I really enjoyed it along with some green beans with my evening meal. Delicious, and it really did just melt in the mouth.

Courgettes are baby marrows. The home-grown variety is available from June to October. They are usually green but can also be yellow. Courgettes need very little preparation or cooking; if they're finger-sized they can be left whole and steamed or pan-fried in a little butter. Eat them raw, whole or halved lengthways, tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt. As courgettes get larger, the flavour depletes and they benefit from additional flavours, such as garlic, basil, parsley, tomatoes and olive oil. Add courgettes to set omelettes, such as frittata, or to risotto and ratatouille, or slice thinly, dip in batter and deep fry them.

2 Comments:

  • wow,Dex..you have been reading up hahaa some new tips for me there..Thank-you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 pm  

  • Yes norma, I`m learning not just about gardening, but cooking too which has to be useful.

    By Blogger dex, at 10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home