Green Fingers I Wish

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold Weather Spell no Fun

The cold `snap` in the UK is dragging on and on, in fact it`s more of an ever-present feature right now.

Snow blankets the country as temperatures struggle to get above freezing.

To keep the cats and dogs off my lawn I`ve placed some litre bottles of water on their side at strategic points (well, haphazard really but I like to think they`re strategic). When the snow arrived last week those bottles were completely covered over. And nothing has really changed. My garden is still covered in virgin snow apart from the tiny footprints of small animals.

It`s a good idea to put some bird food out for the birds, it must be very hard for some of them to find food at this time.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home